Antony's unsorted pages that I want to access quickly. These are mostly related to IPsec/libreswan and when I think I know this page exist but where is it.
- XFRM pCPU
- XFRMi Development Notes 2018-2019
- Namespace Magic, 2019
- IKEv2 State names proposal 2016 - 2019
- Cloud Opportunistic Encryption(OE)
- Linux Kernel Support related to libreswan
- 1 KVM/QEMU
- 2 Linux Kernel developments
- 3 Linux Per CPU efforts
- 4 Userspace IPsec Stacks
- 5 iptable rule to drop IKEv2 message id X
- 6 Hardware offload
- 7 RSS/RPS/RFS
- 8 Interesting Linux referecncs
KVM/QEMU virtiofs to replace 9pfs: libvirt 6.2, qemu 5.0, kernel 5.4
- libvirt 6.2 Fedora 33? Did not make to Fedora 32. F33?
- RH BZ libvirtd merge tracking the request
- QEMU 5.0 added support for virtiofsd. F33??
- virtio-fs Mainline kernel 5.4
- virtiofs RFC patches
KVM/QEMU + vsock NFS to replace 9pfs
KVM support for vsock and nfs support could have a better performance than 9pfs. This work could be interesting to libreswan KVM testing. It started in 2015. Slowly picking up, as 2018 it seems AWS and firecracker is pushing it. We are almost there.
- 2015 LWN virtio
Linux Kernel developments
XFRM Offload : starting 4.14
* NAT support ??? * What if the interface is a member of bridge? can libreswan/strongswan configure SA correctly? bridge * what if the packets arrive on different interface would that get decrypted correctly? * Bonded NIC card
XFRM and XDP
* idea presentation Steffen Klassert Linux Netconf, Boston, June, 2019
Linux Per CPU efforts
Userspace IPsec Stacks
Over last few years specialized user space IPSec(ESP) stacks and IKE implementations are becoming popular.
VPP + DPDK (Userspace ESP + IKE)
VPP has its own IKEv2 and ESP implimentation.
Snabb ESP userspace stack
Snabb as of 2020 has ESP. No IKE, it can easily use of the shelf IKE say strongswan for IKE and and few command line calls to install snabb esp Snabb FOSDEM 2020 snabb ipsec podcast Strongswan inegeration
iptable rule to drop IKEv2 message id X
# drop ike message ID 6 iptables -A INPUT -m u32 --u32 '0x6 & 0xFF = 0x11 && 0x30 & 0xFFFFFFFF = 0x4' -j DROP
- Mellonax Innova or ConnectX 6DX
Intel AES NI
Back in the 90 there was alo